It has been roughly two and a half years since I last posted on this blog. And because of that, one might conclude that my FJ55 project plans had completely gone awry.
Nay, my plans were only significantly derailed.
In the months that followed my last post, it had become evident that my relationship at the time wouldn't last much longer if things continued along has they had been. Sure enough, my then girlfriend and I parted ways in the spring of 2015.
My health was also becoming a major concern for me. After a heart attack scare, I decided to focus my efforts on losing weight and getting myself in better shape physically. My then girlfriend wasn't as supportive of those efforts as I had wished, which is one of the reasons we parted ways.
Coming into the summer of 2015 then, I found myself newly single again and in need of some significant changes in my life. My writing career had stagnated while still in my last relationship. My waistline was as big as it ever had been when I weighed an astounding 360 pounds in February of 2015. And between poor physical health, a stagnated career, and a recent breakup; my mental health was in a perpetual state of depression and self-doubt.
While this was all going on in 2015, the original owner of the FJ55 was still holding the Land Cruiser for me...unaware of what had been transpiring.
Through the summer of '15 I managed to start cutting out unhealthy foods from my diet. I was gradually trimming weight, but was still significantly struggling to get over the hump. Then in the fall of '15, after viewing a series of documentaries on Netflix, I made the decision to adopt a dietary vegan lifestyle for the sake of my health. I began on that journey on November 9th, 2015; weighing 342 pounds. I did very little in the way of exercise aside from walking, and by the summer of 2016...I had slimmed down to 257 pounds; a total of over 100 pounds lost since February of the year prior.
With my fitness levels returning to me, I set about to return to the work force again. I accepted the fact that my writing career was in the midst of a rebuilding period, and it was no longer viable to be considering myself a full-time writer. So back to work I went in March of 2016.
During that period of time, I touched base with the owner to fill him in on what had been happening in my life and why the purchase of his FJ55 had been delayed. I was pleased to hear from him that he still was holding the pig for me, and that he was still willing to honor our original deal. At that point it just became a matter of when was I going to finally make my way out there to close the deal and pick it up.
That is where I'm at right now: trying to figure out the details of my trip back to SoCal to get the "baked pig" and bring it home.
I am tentatively looking at the spring of 2017 for making that trip, as it best seems to correlate with my job and my finances around then. There are still a ton of things to figure out between now and then, but at least we are back on track with these plans and heading in the right direction.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment